|Edible Popcorn Party Bowl
Edible Popcorn Party Bowl
Yield: 1 bowl
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 drops food color, optional
- Spray the inside of a large, stainless steel bowl with cooking spray and the outside of a 2nd large, stainless steel bowl; set aside.
- These 2 bowls will be used to form popcorn bowl at end of cooking time. (Note: if one bowl is smaller than the other, spray the outside of the smaller bowl.)
- Spray a 3rd large bowl with cooking spray and place popped popcorn inside; set aside.
- Stir sugar, water, corn syrup, vinegar and salt together in a medium sauce pan.
- Bring mixture to a boil, cover, and boil for 3 minutes to allow steam to wash down sides of pan. Remove lid and attach candy thermometer to pan.
- Allow mixture to boil, without stirring, until mixture reaches 290º F. Stir in food color, if desired.
- Working quickly, pour syrup over popcorn and toss with a large spoon until popcorn is thoroughly coated.
- Pour popcorn mixture into first prepared bowl and use a spoon to push mixture evenly up onto sides of bowl.
- Firmly press second prepared bowl onto popcorn to form popcorn bowl. Allow popcorn bowl to cool completely between stainless steel bowls.
- To serve, tip popcorn bowl out and place on platter.
- Fill with popcorn to serve.